Dianna

Dianna

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feeling Blue!

I still remember the first time I saw a truly blue sky. I was 19 years old and made my first trip to Moab to see Rusty and meet his family. I thought how unbelievable the sky was. It reminded me of a crayon picture drawn by a small child, you know the one with the house and the tree in the yard with really green grass and a blue sky. It is the same one all kids draw. I never understood why we all chose that same color blue because I know that I had never seen a sky that color, until that spring day. After nearly twenty nine years it still amazes me.






It is the 4Th of February, still officially winter. As I venture out to walk/jog my daily three miles, I am welcomed again by the beauty that surrounds me in my own little corner of the world. I am again reminded why the world is drawn to come here in search of the beauty that greets us everyday and we most often take for granted. I find myself slowing my pace and pause to gaze at the intensity and beauty of God's creations. Feeling certain that this is the only place with a sky this blue and grateful that this is home, I continue on looking upward and with a much lighter step.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I totally agree! Although the summers here are beautiful its just not quite the same. I miss being able to look up into the calm sky and not see a single cloud in it. I think what I miss most about it is the people I get to enjoy it with...My family!